Monday, December 29, 2014

Just wait

   Wait until you know who you are. Wait until you know what you want. Wait until you heal just a little bit more. Wait, Wait wait wait... You have no idea how many times I have heard this from so many people. Some of the times, I was seeking the advice, but most of the time, I was not. It was just said to me. Someone see's me going down a "wrong path", and they give their two cents. Sometimes more than two. All of these opinions, comments, judgments, or what have you, sometimes confuse me so much, I forget who I am. And then everything that I thought I knew about myself goes right out the window. I let all of these words from other people flood into my head, and control my every thought and move. But somewhere in there, I take a hold of myself and ask a question in the back of my mind. "What do I want?" What about what I think? What about where I think I am? Right and wrong. Wait until this. Wait until that. What is that? Was does that even mean? What is the "right" way? How long do we wait? What if we wait too long and miss out on an amazing opportunity. What if we jump in too quickly? How are we to know the difference? 
   As hard as it is for me to say, I feel that you are the best person to know what is best for you. You know when the time is right, even if it doesn't feel that way. You know more than you think. You however, do not give yourself enough credit, and forget to listen to your own voice of reason once all of the other voices come flooding in. If I keep waiting for things to be right, I will miss out on what could have been so right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment