Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The School of Life

   Since the beginning of my time, I have always known that I was meant to help people. Through the years I thought of different ways to do this. Coast Guard rescue swimmer, nurse, midwife, peace corps, Cultural Anthropology, and a numerous amount more. None of these did I follow through with. I always looked at is as failure. Like I couldn't finish something, which was true. I couldn't. My education level goes all the way up to a very small amount of community college. Part of this was because of my disability. But now I am seeing it in a whole new light. I was just recently tested by life at a very young age. And the test was nothing even close to small or easy. I was tested with mental illness obviously, as many of you know who have read my previous posts. Coming out of all of this and seeing the light, has also made me see my purpose. Never did I know how I was supposed to help people. But now I see. Life tested me to put me where I am now. It put right where I am going to be when I help people. To share my story, to educate others about mental illness, to maybe even one day become a psych nurse or a therapist, who knows. But life in a very weird way figured it out for me. And despite the pain these past 6 months that I have had to endure, I would not take one single day back. Not for anything and not for anyone. Because who I am now, is better than who I was prior, and now my true meaning in life is slowly showing me its light. Simply by teaching what I have lived, will be the "help" that so many need, and the help that I have been forever looking to give to others. My Disorder is a blessing. And that statement I say with true confidence and truth. Thank you life, for throwing me this test. I am forever grateful, and feel like the most blessed girl in the world. I got an A in the school of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment